BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Play Group

I took the kids to play group today. Since this is my first crack at being a stay at home mom, this was a new experience for me. I stand by my earlier preconception that I am not this kind of stay at home mom. I am not really sure play group is for me. I am not sure what I will have in common with these women . . . girls.

First of all, I think I was the oldest mom there. I am only 31. I was 27 when I had my first and I don't consider that a late start. I don't mean to offend anyone who chose to start having kids at 19. If that was your bliss and you are happy with your life, kudos to you. I am just saying it is not for me.

Second, my children are a little over 2 years apart. I think it was a little close and I am pretty sure it has contributed to my current lean toward insanity. Most of these girls' kids were less than 2 years apart. Good grief. I understand oops babies, but these people chose this?

Third, not one of them weighed over 120 lbs. I have nothing against skinny people. I wish I was one. I do have issues with extremely skinny pregnant girls complaining about how much weight they have gained. "You now weigh 105! Good heavens you are disgustingly obese! It will be almost impossible to get those 15 lbs off after you have the baby." Don't talk to me until you gain 60 lbs, stick girl.

Now, I know in the weeks that follow I will more than likely become friends with these girls and will want to take back everything I just wrote, but for now I am just going to revel in my tirade.

0 comments: