BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Musings in the Hotel Lobby

Here I sit in the hotel lobby eating pretty crappy continental breakfast. Yum. I am impatiently waiting for the kids and John to wake up. So, I just thought I would write a few things about our vacation to Disneyland.


Things that make you go Hmmm?

The first day we were at Disneyland was Goth Day.





Kind of ironic isn't it? Goth day at the happiest place on Earth?


Opposites Attract

John and I are different types of vacationers. I am kind of a fast and furious, don't miss a thing, you can sleep at home kind of vacationer. John is more of a enjoy sleeping in, mosey over to the park, ride a few rides, we can get the rest next time kind of vacationer.

Yesterday was my day. Got to the park at 8:10. It opens at 8:00, so really we were very late. I would have preferred to be in line at the gate at 7. We made a bee-line to rides that usually have long lines. We only hit about 4 rides before the kids started crashing. By 6:00 the kids were beyond done. Kate fell asleep in the car on the way to the hotel and is still asleep at 8 this morning.

So, yesterday didn't work out all that well. Today we are trying John's version. I am antsy!!!! Maybe I will go back to the room and pretend to dry my hair. John may be able to sleep through the hairdryer, but Kate can't!


3 comments:

Barefoot Cassandra said...

I thought maybe you were kidding about the goth day thing, and you had just seen several, so it seemed odd. But then I scrolled down and there was a sea of black clothes, piercings, platforms and parasols!
What a funny thing to happen in Disneyland!

Kateka said...

That seems so twisted....

perkiwindy said...

Are you sure they weren't just people who were in mourning over the election last week? And they came to the happiest place on earth with hope of cheering themselves up? Maybe by the end of the day they had on princess t-shirts and mickey ears. :)