BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Legacy


I interrupt my usual ranty style of blogging for a moment of cheesiness.

I love Disneyland. My family made an annual trip to Disneyland throughout my childhood. Usually family included my Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins in various combinations. I am grateful I was able to go as a child when I believed everything was real, and could truly experience the magic. Most of the wonder and awe is still there for me all tied up with memories of my family and good times.

Cousins, remember when we went on the people mover over and over and over and shouted at people below us. Remember how our moms would always spend what seemed like hours debating when to meet back at the sword in the stone. Remember in teen years going on the canoes just to flirt with the hot workers paddling them. Remember being a little afraid that the pirates might actually sink your little boat or one of those fiery beams would fall on you. Remember when I took you all on Splash Mt. and you were wild and aweful in the line. I am sure it was partly my fault because I was bossy and rude. Remember trying to touch the jewels in Snow White or steal some gold from the pirate's treasure room. Remember "Hurry back, Hurry ba-ack. We're dying to see you." and "Hold on to your hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness." Mmmm and the smell of hot churros.

So when I take my own little family it feels like I am passing on a legacy of Disney to the next generation. For me it truly is a magical place and I am glad I had the opportunity to share it with Kate.



It was moments like this one. Watching Kate take it all in. Couldn't choke back the tears.

4 comments:

Barefoot Cassandra said...

I remember all of that. It is magical for me too! I remember also eating ghastly amounts of catchup on our fry's there.

Kateka said...

I can't imagine how fun it must be to watch a kid enjoy Disneyland. I am sure Kate will talk about this trip forever. Stu and I went to Disneyworld on our Honeymoon and I knew it would be a billion times better when you have a kid with you.

Oh, my goodness. Meeting at the sword and the stone... I forgot all about that. What fun. We should all go again.

Tazia said...

I remember as well! Maybe not as well as some, but I remember only wanting to ride with you or the older cousins in the Matterhorn to protect me from the abominable snowman and always being so jealous that I couldn't wander off with the big kids. Do you remember how many times we went to the "Golden Horseshoe", good times, good times...

Cati said...

Hey cute picture.. but were you talking about Kate or John?? he looks like he is quite into it too...