BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Goi Cuon Wild

Every once in a while I have to break my usual ranting style for a recipe CUZ I love to cook!

My summer favorite . . . Goi Cuon or Vietnamese Salad rolls or Vietnamese Spring rolls or Vietnamese Summer roll. Whatever you want to call them they are fresh, trendy and Asian so they must be good.

Basically it is just a rice paper wrapper wrapped around herbs, veggies, rice noodles and a bit of meat.

Here is my monstrous yummy.


The stuff I like in mine:

Shrimp
Mint
Cilantro
Green onion
Carrot
Lettuce

I just use Sweet Chile Sauce for dip.

You can make yummy peanut sauce, but I am a little on the lazy side this summer


Here is a video that explains the basics of how to make them. Not really sure why the cameraman goes in and out of focus. Artistic flair I guess.


1 comments:

Cheer_all said...

You have given me courage to make these myself. I love love love the shrimp spring rolls from Gossip Restaurant. They are the best. They put a green onion, whole, not chopped, a little mint, vermicelli noodles, and lettuce and shrimp. That is all! The sauce is a peanut sauce and I always add a little hoisen and hot sauce to it, because otherwise it is just liquid peanut butter. The best part of eating at Gossip is the tapioca drinks though!