BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Chronicles Chapter 2: Fav Fold and Anybody Want Diapers?


I *heart* flat fold diapers. Reasons: They wash so nice and easy. There aren't a bunch of layers to make sure and get all the pee out of. There aren't a bunch of layers to take 2 hours in the the dryer to dry.

The Gerber flat folds I bought were awful! They are so small they barely fit Angel Baby's little bottom. The fabric they are made out of is a step up from gauze. I tossed those in my scrap pile and made my own. It is simple, just a square of flannel hemmed.

If you can't make your own, I was thinking about making them for people. I need to find out the price of the fabric, so I don't know how much I would need to charge. If you are interested let me know and I will find out the details.


This is the fold I use for my flat fold cloth diapers. I think it is cool.


Step 1

Take the bottom left corner up to the top right corner.

Step 2

Take that same corner you just had and drag it over to the left top corner. It will look like this:


Step 3


Take the bottom corner up and join it with the rest on the top left.

At this point I pick it up, hanging on to all the corners, making sure all the layers stay even on the top and then I shake it so everything straightens out.

Step 4


Fold the top layer 2 times so it looks like this:


Bonus Step


I turn the edges in a little so there is a little less bulk between Angel Baby's wee thighs.

And Wahla!

2 comments:

J.B. said...

Huh. And I was all set to purchase Bum Genius or Gro-Baby when the time comes. I may need either a tutorial or an order form from you when the time comes. That looks totally awesome, though. And it's so cute. You are my hero.

word verification: cadicab

Kateka said...

That chubby little belly is so cute. I want to rub my cheek all over his soft tummy (not in a creep pedofile type of way).