BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 31, 2009

I Never Gave My Cat a Name; How Can I Name a Baby?

Naming kids is the hardest thing ever. It has to be a meaningful name, something the kid will be proud of, live up to. The first, middle and last name need to sound good when said all together. You don't want to give the kid the same name as half of the other babies his age. Sheesh. So much pressure. I hate it.

Here are some names I have been rolling around in my brain.

William Marquis Walker (Marquis is a family name on John's side it is pronounced "mark - us". Always liked it and wanted to use it as a middle name, but as you will read later, it has its issues.)

or the other way around

Marquis William Walker
(then his teachers will never pronounce his name correctly)

I have issues with William which are too long and too stupid to discuss.

Love the name Fynn, but how to put it with Marquis.
Fynn Marquis
- doesn't flow,
Marquis Fynn - going by middle name is always confusing,
Phineus Marquis
- sounds ridiculous.

My mom suggested I use her maiden name as a name, Lewis. Not bad. But again it doesn't go with Marquis very well. "Lewis Marquis Aurelius"

Then there is Aiden. Always loved this name. It has been on the top 10 baby names list for as long as I have been naming kids though.

Or maybe Lucas. He could go by Luke and his middle name could be Sky. Luke Sky Walker!

7 comments:

Kateka said...

I think there is a VERY good chance that Tazia and I may use the name Lewis as middle name too. I think it is okay as our children will be second cousin's with yours. And it doesn't bug if it doesn't bug you! Also, why not branch of the QUIS and do the CUS, Marcus. It is the same name, sure it's a different spelling, but SO many family names get altered just the teensiest to same the kid from years of... 'How do you pronounce your name, Mar - Kwee???'

Kateka said...

Oh and I wanna know your issues with the name William.

tami said...

We vote for Lucas Sky Walker. Love it! Now help me name a girl!

Barefoot Cassandra said...

Luke Sky Walker! That would be the coolest ever!

SJ said...

I like Luke Sky Walker a well.

Cheer_all said...

My vote is William Fynn Walker. Then you can just call him Will. But I also loved Lewis Marquis Aurelius :) Go gladiator!

Kateka said...

Good heck. I just noticed all my typos in my first comment. I must have been coming out a coma or something when I typed that. Sorry that I typed that thing with like, my eyes closed, or something. Hope you were able to get through it.