BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Spidey Sense is Tingling

Isn't it amazing how the day you become a mother you are endowed with super hearing powers. In the middle of the night, all my kids have to do is breath funny and I am instantly awake and alert. I swear I can hear them thinking about crying.

Night after night, I am the one to rush down the hall to comfort a little one. When I go back to my bed (which is now cold), I listen to my peacefully sleeping husband's soft snores and I ponder yet another injustice in the genders. Then I "accidentally" kick him in the shin.

3 comments:

J.B. said...

Ha, ha. I'm so sorry. I think the shin kick is always a good solution, at least for a temporary fix.

word verification: comilin

Heather said...

I hear ya, its so frustrating when you go back to your cold bed, and your husband is sleeping soundly (and the fact that he could sleep through any of the kids crying, in our case at least). Then he asks you the next morning how you slept. Being tired and now very cranky its so hard to be nice and just say "ok" or "good" when you want to punish him for getting a good nights sleep when you never do!
Enough ranting from me though.
Hope your kids are ok.

zippy said...

Oh how you make me laugh! Believe me, I am laughing WITH you and not AT you because it's the same way here! How they can possibly sleep like the dead with all the crying, I haven't a clue! The shin kick, haven't tried it but depending on how irritated I am...I just might. : )