BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 24, 2011

Pee Hole

I'm not really sure how the other English Teacher at my school and I ended up in this conversation with students about periods and other slightly inappropriate girl stuff, but there we were discussing our Va-jay-jays with a pack of 16 year old girls.

So the other teacher says, "I don't have a period anymore, thank goodness. I had a hysterectomy" (funny that word kind of sounds like hysteria. Is a hysterectomy when they surgically remove your hysteria? Makes sense.)


So anyway,

16 year old student gives her a confused look. She obviously doesn't know what a hysterectomy is.

Other Teacher clarifies: They took out my uterus.

16 year old student with confused, disgusted, terror in her eyes: How do you pee!?!?!

The surgically non-hysteric teacher and I look at each other with confused amusement.

Me: Um, sweetie, those things aren't connected. Did you miss that day of 5th grade?

16 year old: I had my gallbladder removed and I can still pee.

Me: Wow.

3 comments:

Heather said...

wow! that is funny. I love the picture you put with it. It fits perfectly!

J.B. said...

Man, I miss high schoolers. Although, the students I'm friends with on the FB are still kind of idiots sometimes, so I get my fill. Also, re: hysteria. I remember learning somewhere that they are from the same root and it is because being hysterical is essentially a female problem. I remember being fully offended and angry at the man, but what can you do?

Kateka said...

Uh oh, sounds like the teacher had the wrong thing removed. It was supposed to be her gall bladder, not her uterus! She has to sue the dr's for not letting her pee now!