BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 13, 2011

I Hate Valentine's Day. . .

10. because people pronounce it ValentiMes.

9. because stuffed animals are stupid, especially when they are holding hearts or kissing.

8. because putting stuffed animals inside a giant balloon doesn't make them cooler.

7. because I have to buy and fill out 20+ stupid little pieces of paper for DQ's classmates.

6. because DQ gets 20+ very "precious" pieces of paper from school that she will not let me throw away.

5. because phrases like, "The beauty of these roses cannot match the beauty and depth of the love I feel for you" or "Flowers today, Fireworks tonight!" make me barf a little in my mouth.

4. because most chocolates that come in cardboard hearts are gritty.

3. because with the money spent on a dozen roses that will die in 2 days, you could feed a small country.

2. because white conversation hearts changed and now taste like soap instead of yummy

1. because the red and pink lacy lingerie displays in every store remind you that you now have 3 kids and by the time they are all in bed, you are way to tired for such exotic shenanigans.

2 comments:

J.B. said...

First and last reasons made me laugh the most. I may or may not be married to someone who pronounces it "ValenTIMES." Sigh. Alas, true love is not based on grammar or pronunciation.

Kateka said...

Oh, and because now for the next week everyone is going to go on a love/valentines spewing fest and write about how much their husband is #1.

You are hilarious.