BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Pigsty

The reason my blog is titled No Excuses is because: 1) I believe people should take responsibility for their crap and not blame it on others or circumstances, 2) I believe one should be themselves and not excuse or apologize for their beliefs and personality.

I have found an area in my life that needs improving in the "No Excuses" department. I am constantly apologizing and making excuses for the messiness of my house. I may have spent the entire day working my guts out cleaning, and someone comes over and I say, "Sorry my house is a mess." Well, it's stupid and I'm not doing it anymore.

My house is messy. It is not so bad that you will get a disease from using my bathroom or anything, but there is just a general feeling of messiness. There are toys all over, the sink is full of dishes, if you walk on my kitchen floor barefoot you are bound to have a chunk of something squish up between your toes, I am not sure I even have a duster and I haven't seen the floor in my bedroom in months but, you know what, when I stand at the Pearly Gates, I don't want my life's accomplishment to be, "She had a clean house."

I am no longer going to make excuses. I'm going to just be me and when you come over to my house, you can check out my mess and say to yourself, "Really? There are cheerios stuck to her walls!" You can go home feeling better about yourself because your house may be a little messy too, but at least when your kid throws soggy Cheerios to the wall you clean them off.

I will lift the self esteem of every woman who comes through my door and I will do it one cluttery pile of crap stashed in a corner at a time.

2 comments:

Kateka said...

Amen! And.... I wonder what inspired this particular post.

Aubrey said...

Lol. You crack me up, and make me feel better about my own mess...